Happy 5th Birthday to our Cohen!
Enjoy a few photos from his session!
Wow, I felt like the luckiest photographer shooting these three! They all made my job so easy!
A few of my favorites from Keely’s senior session!
A few weeks ago we had the chance to travel down to Florida for Conor and Mikey’s wedding(How cool is that we share the same name just so your not confused in this blog Mikey will refer to Mikey and not me”Mikey” did I confuse you more?). We love to travel and shoot in new places so when they originally contacted us we were thrilled for the opportunity to do just that. We had been flying a lot lately and I had just got back from 15 days on the west coast so instead of jumping back on a plane we opted to drive down this time and since you all know food dictates our travel plans Samantha found a bunch of amazing places for us to stop along the way but we can probably save that for its own blog series.
We have never really spent any time on the northern beaches of Florida and I think its an area that often gets over looked at least by us it has Southern Florida and the Gulf Coast always seem to get a lot of attention but we really fell in love with the small beach town atmosphere of Fernandina Beach its located on Amelia Island about 40 minutes outside of Jacksonville and is the perfect getaway spot. It’s kind of funny because we love it here in Fredericksburg but every time we get a chance to visit these awesome places we always stop and think what if we moved here, I don’t know what is but we always have to look around at real estate and discuss the possibilities. Santa Barbara is high on our places to move list but after seeing some amazingly affordable waterfront homes in Florida it’s very tempting to say the least.
We met Conor and Mikey right before sunrise at the beach in front of their house(literally you walk like 5 feet over a dune and it’s the ocean how amazing is that?). We love shooting at sunrise the light is just so amazing and add in a beach there is not much more a photographer can ask for. Once the sun was up we knew the beach would start getting a little bright and they had mentioned wanting to do some photos in the downtown area so we headed that way and to our surprise it was a small historic downtown much like Fredericksburg(see this place keeps sounding better and better). We felt right at home and started at the Marina then took a quick break for coffee at one of their favorite spots and finished up with an old truck and a gorgeous tree covered in Spanish moss, check out a few of our favorite images and if you plan to visit after seeing these let us know because we would love an excuse to go back!
I know everyone says this every weekend so it must have some truth behind it but seriously Monday’s come around too fast! After a busy weekend of both work and play we are taking our time getting back into things this morning so here are our 10 random things at 10ish.
1. Rainy Mondays are the worst Mondays!
2. Our favorite local BBQ place closed its doors on Sunday after 22 years but we did manage to eat there twice first.
3. We had 2 amazing engagement sessions this weekend.
4. One of which gave us 7 hours in the car together to chat about business and life.
5. We may have come up with a compromise for more kids. New Baby=Boat
6. We have a week full of shoots so its actually a good thing its raining today and hopefully not the rest of the week.
7. I’m(Mikey) actually kinda liking this blogging thing could you tell the last few post have be wrote by me?
8. What happened to the prizes in the bottom of cereal boxes?
9. I’m curious what everyone would like to see more of on our blog, Which post interest you the most?
10. I hope you all have a great week! Here are 2 sneak peeks of our engagement sessions this weekend.